Olive oil, lemon and pasta
THESE THREE INGREDIENTS are a powerful combination. Inspiration for this goes to Antonio Carluccio, who I first heard talking about this triad of flavours. I cannot find this recipe in his ‘Simple Cooking’ cookbook, however, he talked about this blend when promoting this book at a book launch in Glasgow.
I believe you can add lots of different vegetables to these three ingredients. In this recipe I chose to add mushrooms, onions and coriander but really anything you have left over will do the job. This is sooo easy and must be pretty healthy too and there is no cream etc used.
- Pasta – enough for 2 people
- Butter – 15 grams
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Juice of one lemon
- Mushrooms – handful
- Onion – Half roughly chopped
- Fresh Coriander – handful
1. Place pasta in a saucepan and boil for 12 minutes (or even better – check cooking time on the packet).
2. Fry onions and mushroom in the butter for 3 minutes.
3. Once pasta is cooked, add it to the onions and mushrooms. Then add the juice of one lemon to the mixture.
4. Add the coriander to the mixture. It looks pretty and adds another flavour to the mix.
5. Et voila! Sooo simple.